Smallest of my goldfish is MIA

studiovette

GS PETE
Reaction score
So after only 1 week of adding my fish for the 1st time I've already seemed to have lost my smallest of 6 goldfish. I thought he could have been hiding but didnt see him all day yesterday. No signs of foul play. If he's dead behind a rock will he eventually surface? Dont want a decomposing fish left in my pond. :( Poor little guy?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
You would be surprised how easy it is for them to hide .I have 2 babies and did not see them for a couple of days and thought my koi ate them but they showed back up 2 days ago .Not sure where they were hiding out at .

Reaction score
Don't give up hope. One of my two Shubunkins disappeared for abut a week and a half a few years ago and I thought a Racoon or something got him. Then one day he was swimming along with the rest of the fish. Don't ask me where he was hiding out and why he stayed in hiding for that long. Good Luck - He may show up yet.

studiovette

GS PETE
Reaction score
THANKS everyone. I will keep looking. I thought maybe my water quality was off with all the rain we had but I checked everything and all was fine. I have no herrons in my area that I know off. just some smal birds like cardinals, blue jays, morning doves etc..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
got to look at things this way to a little goldfish the pond you have it in, just has to be like the big pond between we in the UK and you in the US they got lots of places to explore along the way you'll be supprised when they pop up again in a month or so all changed

rgrds

Dave

Ask a Question