smilies and preview are missing, Ian

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
@Ian ; seems the smilie selection box/choice and 'preview' in my editing options are not showing. Attaching screenshots to verify. More code issues?

Screen Shot 2021-07-25 at 10.56.33 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-25 at 10.56.46 AM.png

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Smiles are still there. See the 3 vertical dots above? Click there and choices appear. :smuggrin:
The preview tho, I cannot find. Oh wait there it is clear over to the right, the little picture w/a paper and a magnifying glass over it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
hmm, okay testing; nope, three dots just got me the second line below the 3 dots. Screenshot below.

And as you can see from the screenshot, no preview, right, left, center, hiding under the 'attach files', not peeking from the type-choice corner, certainly NOT when I click the three dots...
Screen Shot 2021-07-25 at 4.19.28 PM.png

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
That's weird cuz when I hover over the 3 vertical dots it says options and then there are these to choose from:

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    2 KB · Views: 36
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I think I found 'preview', though; it's the magnifying glass icon to the far right; (checking;)

Screen Shot 2021-07-25 at 11.49.55 PM.png

whoa; when I went to edit and hit 'preview' icon, it gave me a wink smilie! sheesh!

And now, on editing a third time, I SEE a column of 3 more dots, halfway across; clicking, gives me the smilie option. You know, it used to be soooooo much easier... @Ian

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I think I found 'preview', though; it's the magnifying glass icon to the far right; (checking;)

View attachment 141404

whoa; when I went to edit and hit 'preview' icon, it gave me a wink smilie! sheesh!

And now, on editing a third time, I SEE a column of 3 more dots, halfway across; clicking, gives me the smilie option. You know, it used to be soooooo much easier... @Ian
okay, replying to my own post, I get the 3 interior dots with options for smilies AND the last icon for 'preview'. Guess everything's there, just laid out differently. So, maybe alls well?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have the lil smile face, click have smiles
Screenshot 2021-07-26 195459.jpg

:);):(:mad::confused::cool::p:D:eek::oops::sick::alien::poop::coffee::X3::whistle:

Have not been around too much lappy at the boat power cord broke and I can not type on the phone. Hands don't like it

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
It's still there under the 3 dots, but that's way too hidden away... let me see if I can fix this :D.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It's still there under the 3 dots, but that's way too hidden away... let me see if I can fix this :D.
So strange I can see the smiley face right where it has always been. sort of not under the three dots

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
It's dependent on screen width it seems, so wide monitors can see it all and then smaller screens have some buttons put under the sub menu. I've re-arranged it so that medium screens also see the smiles button, instead of the paragraph formatting one :). People using phones may still need to click the 3 dots to see the smilies though.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Yep, figured that out when I expanded my browser window, so I had them all the time but wasn't aware my setting was obscurring everything. No problem, Ian; I just thought items had vanished. My bad; sowwy! :oops:

Ask a Question