Snakes and frogs

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a/7b depending on the map
Country
United States
Heard the sound of a frog in distress. under the walkway by the pond. Come to find out, it was the water snake trying to eat a frog that's bigger than he is. Th' Ol' Lady flipped him out of the water with a stick. Frog got away, and hopped back to the pond. Puppy had fun with the snake for a bit. Then I finally decided to put the snake back in the water. Poor li'l feller, ain't but about a foot long. Skinny as a rail. Frog was full grown, way too big for the snake.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
He's learning. As will the frog to stay clear

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Heard the sound of a frog in distress. under the walkway by the pond. Come to find out, it was the water snake trying to eat a frog that's bigger than he is. Th' Ol' Lady flipped him out of the water with a stick. Frog got away, and hopped back to the pond. Puppy had fun with the snake for a bit. Then I finally decided to put the snake back in the water. Poor li'l feller, ain't but about a foot long. Skinny as a rail. Frog was full grown, way too big for the snake.
You'd be surprised at the size of frog a snake can get down. There were a couple of times last year that I saw our resident water snake with one that made me think "NO way!", but somehow she managed.

Ask a Question