So cool, its a small world

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Yesterday Val and I went into the city centres mall to collect my new glasses prescripton , I had mine fitted and Val had hers tweaked ever so slightly as her new ones were pinching her nose somewhat, (well you cant always get things right first time now can you) :LOL:
We decided to have a wander around the upper level shops and hopped into the lift.
The lift stopped at the next floor it was pretty packed , and stood there where two people a man and a woman .
Room for a little couple said a cheaky voice and as he did "Kerching went my brain", good god I said Chris how on earth are you its been along long time no see .
Chris stood there a little confused for a while so I said its me still no recogniton so I quickly whipped the glasses off and said its me Dave "Kerching" went Chris's brain , god god how on earth are you Dave its been along time.
We quickly grabbed them ushering thm into the lift then just as quickly on the next floor ushered them both out again, I had to laugh they where trying to go down when they stepped into the lift only to find themselves up a floor sort of kidnapped :LOL: .
We had a chat catching up on old times exchanged adresses both home and email and then sadly because they where here on a quick visit and where on holiday in Cornwall we had to say our goodbyes but they did promise to drop in on us before they go home again up the line in the midlands .
Chris and I havent seen each other in over 30 years after I went to Spain to work and he to University in Birmingham.
What were the odds on meeting again like that either way its a small world ??? (y) :cool: :happy:

Dave

Last edited:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Nice you got to see him after all that time :)
Some things are just meant to be. Now you can keep in contact and enjoy your friends company forever.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Nice you got to see him after all that time :)
Some things are just meant to be. Now you can keep in contact and enjoy your friends company forever.
To true he's a real nice guy however I'm suprised I recognised after all thes years j.w. it was the voice I recognied first then the penny dropped as to who he was :happy:

Dave

Ask a Question