So, I bought a cool tool for my pond.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Every year when my lilies start to flower, new pads grow up over the blossoms. Then I can't see them. My largest patch is over 10 feet across. I tried cutting a few off with my brush cutters but, that didn't work very well. I was looking on Amazon and I came across this 46 inch cut and grab tool. There was even a real short video showing it work. I paid $20.88 with free shipping and received it in a day and a half.
It's super light and seems durable. I've made a few hundred cuts already. The pole can easily rotate 180 degrees for plants growing sideways. It makes a clean cut and has a locking handle for storage.
Here's what it would look like in a few weeks.
DSCF8723.jpg

When I started pruning I could see about 6 blossoms. This is what it looks like after doing a little trimming. Since these pics, I have done a lot more.
DSCF9016.jpg

DSCF9015.jpg

Corona LR 3460 Long Reach Cut 'n' Hold Pruner, 1/2-Inch Cut

DSCF9010.jpg

DSCF9011.jpg

DSCF9012.jpg

DSCF9013.jpg

DSCF9014.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Mike, Mike, Mike... get your waders on and get IN the pond! ;)

Just kidding. That looks like an incredibly handy tool - it would be great for those times when I want to just trim a few things and don't necessarily want to climb all the way in to do it. And can I just say your lilies look AMAZING! Are they growing in pots or free floating?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Are those native water lilies? We have one here in Illinois that looks similar - I think it's called the American waterlily or something like that.

Ask a Question