So... making a new batch of my famous, delicious carp food. Any suggestions for additions?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Handfeeding home made carp food - YouTube

Last year I whipped up a batch of homemade food that the fish loved and appeared to do well with it, etc. I tried recollecting all the ingredients and looked at pics from when I was making it and came up with this list. All veggie stuff (they get insects and algae from the pond) so the food is vegetarian (my only requirement). I added cauliflower based on someone's suggestion.

Brocolli
Hemp hearts
chlorella tablets
spirulina tablets
raspberries
strawberries
garlic 6 cloves (last year I used 4)
full sweet potato
carrots
frozen peas
spinach
Linseed (flaxseed) oil
oats/rolled oats
Agar agar to give it that rubbery flexibility

New additions this year
cauliflower

Anyone have any other contributions?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Here's pics
IMG-20210526-WA0017.jpg
IMG-20210526-WA0016.jpg
IMG-20210526-WA0018.jpg
IMG-20210526-WA0020.jpg
IMG-20210526-WA0019.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
After mixing it in the blender, do you dry it out? Maybe in a dehydrator?
Or do you just throw the blended mush into the pond?

I have a jerky cannon and a dehydrator. The cannon is just a large food grade caulking gun. It holds 1-1/2 pounds of chopped meat. It has a flat jerky nozzle and a round snack stick tube type nozzle.

I'm thinking you could use the jerky cannon, then cut them into small pieces after you dehydrate it.

Reaction score
Country
United States
After mixing it in the blender, do you dry it out? Maybe in a dehydrator?
Or do you just throw the blended mush into the pond?

I have a jerky cannon and a dehydrator. The cannon is just a large food grade caulking gun. It holds 1-1/2 pounds of chopped meat. It has a flat jerky nozzle and a round snack stick tube type nozzle.

I'm thinking you could use the jerky cannon, then cut them into small pieces after you dehydrate it.
I tried a few different things but by pure luck I put a serving into this new steam oven that my wife "had" to get. It formed this green puddle that at first made me think "another failed experiment" but when it cooled it was firm yet rubbery and I could cut it into diamond shapes and they love it!

Ask a Question