So that's it then

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
One of my worst days ever today, I've had to euthanise 3 of my goldfish. They just weren't getting any better and they were suffering. I know just have a tench in my 300litre pond. He's all alone, so I'm considering rehoming him and forgetting the whole pond thing until next year. I'm too heartbroken to go through all this again.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Sorry to hear of their loss. Don’t give him away, until you know what killed them, on the off chance it’s a parasite or other communicable infection. You don’t want to risk another’s fish. Not sure what a tench is, but maybe you can set up a quarantine tank for it and slowly replace the pond water with fresh until it’s just in fresh water. For sure, you want to know the cause before you consider adding more fish.

TheFishGuy

( Insert something funny )
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
I known you’ve probably already said, but how big is your pond and what kind of filtration do you have?
they have a 300 litre ( 80 gallons ) with a box filter and a fountian.

TheFishGuy

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
updates? I hope your still around!

sending he best of luck your way :)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, yes I'm still here, although I no longer have any fish. The one surviving fish was rehomed to a friend of mine, he has an established well maintained pond, much bigger than mine. He's kept fish for over 20 years, so knows what he is doing.

We may get new fish next spring, but for now our pond has been drained

TheFishGuy

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
Hi, yes I'm still here, although I no longer have any fish. The one surviving fish was rehomed to a friend of mine, he has an established well maintained pond, much bigger than mine. He's kept fish for over 20 years, so knows what he is doing.

We may get new fish next spring, but for now our pond has been drained
glad to hear that the last remaining fish went to a good home :)

and hope you start up your pond again next year!

Ask a Question