so warm in England

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
i cant believe just how warm it is here in England, the temp today was 12 degrees c and my pond temp is still at 10 degrees c the koi are very much still active blue sky's just the odd day of rain not even had a sniff of snow and its nearly christmas eve i was out and about Christmas shopping just wearing a thin shirt, what is happening by now the pond covers are on the fish are hibernating big coats out and knee deep in the white stuff

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
12 c here too, and calling for 17 c overnight (about 62 f for our Celsius-handicapped neighbors)! We've had several light sprinklings of the white stuff, but it either melted the next day, or the wind took it away. The pond was frozen over on monday, but open again on tuesday.
John

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
With global warming, the huge inertia of the sea is beginning to show signs of warming, I would expect that impact to accelerate as long as co2 levels continue to rise

Reaction score
Country
United States
We care having warmer weather than normal here too. I don't like to have it this warm at Christmas though, I really need to have snow on the ground to get the full holiday experience.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
It was supposed to be warm here for Christmas, but we're at -17c this morning.
I'm going to have to plug the truck in for a few hours before we can go out for dinner.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Im just thinking is it upsetting the natural balance of the koi they slow down don't eat which detox the fish the warm spring weather then kicks start their own body clock to spawn and grow so no cold weather who knows

Ask a Question