Sock Nets Are AWESOME!

Reaction score
I know they are a little more expensive. But they are one of the greatest inventions. We used ours for the first time this last weekend and just WOW! The chances of injuring a fish are so much less. The fish are more calm. It is super easy to move them around. The time savings and stress savings are worth every penny. Just corral the fish with a bigger net and slowly move it in to the sock net and off they go.

I never knew moving a 22" fat Chagoi could be that simple. If you can afford the net and want a stress free, much simpler way to move fish, especially butterfly koi, buy one!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I use them all the time There are two types one that holds water and one that doesn't. I use the one that holds water.

Reaction score
I used the one that holds water but the very end is mesh. It is easy to let out how much water you want with the mesh end and then clamp it down to hold some water.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
My friend up the road has koi and I've helped here using those sock thingies and they are so stress free even when you slip in the mud and hold them up above your head while trying to move to the newly cleaned huge pond :alieneyesa:

My friend and her pond:

IMG_0900.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Her pond goes under her house a few feet and she has a heated floor in her sunroom there and all the koi love it under there in the winter.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I like how she used that block for her surround .I remember back in NJ people taking out that kind of block they thought it was 70's look I picked up enough to make paths going through my veggie garden and a surround for the garden so I could mow around the garden easier .JW didn't know you were a peeping tom there lol

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I'd pull you out don't worry may take me awhile to get there lol hope you will float for awhile .Talk about swimming with the fish ,you really gonna fish in for cars .

Ask a Question