Soft Koi sock I made to move my fish. With pics

Reaction score
Got some soft material about 3 ft long maybe 20 inchs wide. folded it over with the soft side facing in. Sewed it up so it looks like a long tube. Took an embroider hook and sewed one end of the sock to it with fishing line. Left the other end open.

Once the koi were backed up in a corner with the big net, I held the soft sock as close to their head as I could. Holding the open end up. With a small amount of coxing and alot of patience the koi went in head first.

Drop the open end into the container of water, holding the hoop end up the koi side out, head first into the container water. Shut the lid.

Worked great. Helps to have three people helping you at least. I passed off the sock to the person on the top (me being in the pond) she took it to the truck that had the containers. Another person opened the container and the third person held the big net to corner the fish.

We did lower the pond to a few feet deep. Much easier to catch them that way.

View attachment 4209

View attachment 4210

Attachments

• DSC00037.jpg
    DSC00037.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 699
  • DSC00038.jpg
    DSC00038.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 684

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
If you obtained the fabric from a store that sells material, it may have had a number on it when you purchased it. If you are recommending this material, it would help others to know what to ask for.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
nice idea, but a pillow case will perform this task easily too....thats what i use, an old black one. the fish cant see and totaly relax so i can carry them to the basemant pond and back in the spring.

Reaction score
Pillow case would have been easier to make, I was just afraid that the fish would get hurt. This way go in head first and come out head first. Like a big slide.

Any fabric should work, as long as its sturdy and soft. Guess I just like making things. :lol:

Ask a Question