Solar Powered pumps ?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I could be wrong, but the last time I looked into this it required a fairly large solar panel array to power a pump for a large pond/falls configuration. As I recall too many for practical pond use.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have VERY small ponds (more like water features, I guess), but I do use solar pumps and air stones. Granted, my "ponds" are all under 60 gallons each.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
The farm across from me uses wind turbine pumps and aerator for his pond .Pretty neat set up he has .

Reaction score
Country
United States
Does the AEO run at night? Can't see how unless it is hooked up to an expensive battery source. I guess daytime operation is fine as long as it is more of a water feature than a pond with fish.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
@david will - welcome to the GPF! Interesting first post on the forum - are you a real person? Do you sell this product? Or am I speaking to a bot?

TheFishGuy

( Insert something funny )
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
@david will - welcome to the GPF! Interesting first post on the forum - are you a real person? Do you sell this product? Or am I speaking to a bot?
Wait I am so confused, You tagged him but the post does not exist?

and when I click on the tag, he doesn't have any posts, am I tripping, or what's going on??

As for the bot thing, who knows these days, for all you know I could be a bot, it's just such a strange world.

Reaction score
Country
United States
But wait! If you give your social security number and credit information you get both the solar pump and a box of expired fish food. Just pay extra for shipping.

Ask a Question