Solar Powered pumps ?

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
And they didn't even post the info! How are we supposed to buy their stuff?
They’re spooks...!
92BBE0A1-1068-44B0-9CB7-D5B9BC98AAFD.png

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I like the robo ones that let me know something may be wrong with my pc computer; guess they don't know I have a Mac!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
To be honest though - these phone scammers are the worst low life on the planet. We had a HUGE issue with my now decease mother in law who got involved in a scam just from answering one phone call. I'm talking big big BIG scam that cost her hundreds of thousands of dollars and required getting the FBI involved to make it stop. It went on for years. That's when we learned that the Nigerian economy counts scamming Americans as part of their GDP. Billions and billions of dollars a year flow to Nigeria from these scams.

And a friend of ours told us about his elderly mom who was headed to the bank to withdraw a big sum of cash when she got a phone call from "jail" from her "grandson" who said he needed money for a lawyer. Thankfully she finally called our friend who stopped her by putting his son on the phone to prove he was not actually in jail.

They prey on elderly people who were brought up to believe what people tell you on the phone or in the mail is true. They are truly disgusting people. If you have elderly relatives, talk to them FREQUENTLY about the danger and encourage them to ask you first before they start sending people money. My own mother got fake emails from a "friend" telling her she was out of state for a medical procedure but wanted to give her granddaughter an Apple laptop for her graduation. She wanted my mom to buy Apple gift cards and send her the code from the back. My mom actually purchased the cards and tried to send the pictures but she's so bad at taking cell phone pictures that they were too blurry to read, thankfully. Here's at tip - monitor their email. It may sound sneaky, but you could save yourself and them a lot of heartache down the road.

There's my PSA for the day!

TheFishGuy

( Insert something funny )
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
To be honest though - these phone scammers are the worst low life on the planet. We had a HUGE issue with my now decease mother in law who got involved in a scam just from answering one phone call. I'm talking big big BIG scam that cost her hundreds of thousands of dollars and required getting the FBI involved to make it stop. It went on for years. That's when we learned that the Nigerian economy counts scamming Americans as part of their GDP. Billions and billions of dollars a year flow to Nigeria from these scams.

And a friend of ours told us about his elderly mom who was headed to the bank to withdraw a big sum of cash when she got a phone call from "jail" from her "grandson" who said he needed money for a lawyer. Thankfully she finally called our friend who stopped her by putting his son on the phone to prove he was not actually in jail.

They prey on elderly people who were brought up to believe what people tell you on the phone or in the mail is true. They are truly disgusting people. If you have elderly relatives, talk to them FREQUENTLY about the danger and encourage them to ask you first before they start sending people money. My own mother got fake emails from a "friend" telling her she was out of state for a medical procedure but wanted to give her granddaughter an Apple laptop for her graduation. She wanted my mom to buy Apple gift cards and send her the code from the back. My mom actually purchased the cards and tried to send the pictures but she's so bad at taking cell phone pictures that they were too blurry to read, thankfully. Here's at tip - monitor their email. It may sound sneaky, but you could save yourself and them a lot of heartache down the road.

There's my PSA for the day!
That's too bad, I guess it makes sense though, cause they ain't gettin any money from me, for a variety of reasons. But I wish they would just stop and go get a decent job.

Reaction score
Country
United States
We searched for a while to find something that would work for our (man-made) stream-fed pond. We needed to use solar energy because it's too far back in our yard for electricity. Solariver solar water pump looked promising and within our budget. We hooked it up easily and already had some bendable plastic 1/2" pipe lying around so it was a super quick install. Then we waited for the rain and were so excited to go turn it on. The pump pushed the water through the pipe quickly and we had a nice little waterfall flowing from the output of the pipe. Even when it's cloudy it's still pumping out water. We like how it'll go from a full flow to a softer flow when clouds pass over the sun

Reaction score
Country
United States
Has anyone had success with solar powered pumps? If so what brand?
Hi RJP,
There are many brands available in market, actually brand doesn't matter. you need to consider some important things before buying solar pump like cost, low maintenance, reliability and Eco-friendly. If your solar pump meet these things then you can buy without any doubt.

Ask a Question