Solar Pump

Reaction score
Hello To All!

Its been a while since I posted but I'm finally finding time to spend on my ponds. I've been working on my front pond and I'd like to add a solar pump to it (around 200-500 GPH) the pond is only 120Gall but I added another small (maybe 50gall) pond and it will over flow into the larger pond.

If I can't find a good solar pump I'd have to use an extension cord which would run right in front of my front door (unsightly).

Any suggestions for a good pump?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've never used a solar pond pump but if you absolutely have to use one make sure it will run 24/7. My gut says if I had to use solar I would buy larger than needed to get an oversized solar collector and big rechargeable battery system (possibly a car battery could also be used) and then use a pump that draws much less than the solar system (collector and battery) can deliver to guarantee filtration on cloudy and end of season, shorter daylight days. I would also only have one or two small goldfish. Keep the bioload low. You are also pumping up to the small pond so consider head height. There might be a really good system out there that one of the members can recommend but I just don't know of one. Just my thoughts. Enjoy the Cayman Islands. Great diving there!
Stephen

Last edited:

Ask a Question