soldiers coming home

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Yes it is but its such a shame that we have lost over 460 british soldiers and your own and other nations untold numbers and for what .????
The Talliban are going to walk straight back in when we leave making the situation worse than ever.......
What a total waste of life and untold Trillions of Dollars Pounds and Euro's as a former service man it angers me that our Governments can do this knowing that they in part are responsible for the deaths of these young men , think about the children who wont be seeing daddy ever again ....

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Dave coming from a military family I feel the same. My father in law is a former Marine, brother in law is a current Marine in Okinawa and husband retired Marine at home (thank God).

There was a time when we did what it took to win wars, we won and we sent our men home. But that was 3rd generation warfare fighting against others who fought 3rd generation warfare. Now it is a game of politically correct chess where men die and there is no way to win. We still fight 3rd generation warfare while our foes fight 4th generation gorilla warfare. Just like in Vietnam, no matter how many battles we win there is no way to win the war. What amazes me is that with all the military brains in Washington they have yet to figure this out. Until we change the way we fight we have no business getting involved in wars. We (including our allies in this statement) have the best fighting men on this planet, and some of the worst military men in charge making decisions. It is tragic.

God bless those who put their lives on the line.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Freedom is not free, but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share.
Ned Dolan

USMC_Iraqi_Sunset_by_vhenwood.jpg

JohnHuff

I know nothing.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
Kyrgyzstan
I just saw this thread after my rant but I suppose it's pretty common knowledge that our countries go to war because the armaments industry needs us to use our arsenal and order more, right? Just look at the lobbyists that they hire and the campaign contributions that they give to our legislators and it's pretty simple to figure out.

Anyone a fan of Tin-Tin comics? Herge (the author) parodied something like that that in one of his comics. And I think that was in the 1930's when he wrote it

Ask a Question