solid handling pumps

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9a-9b
Country
Ireland
i just heard of these apparently they break down the detritus and can pump mud and leaves also, and are expensive
does anyone here use these here? or is this a step to far,im talking sh!te now, lol

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
You can definitely buy them, but they're really designed for much larger ponds. In a garden pond, you don't have enough debris to even worry about. And most people with garden ponds have skimmers that catch the debris before it even gets to the pump anyway so it would be overkill.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9a-9b
Country
Ireland
thats what i was thinking so whats a skimmer exactly and can /do i need one for my little pool its a preformed liner

Reaction score
Showcase(s):

That's an example of a skimmer. The water flows into it and there's a basket that goes inside to catch any floating debris (hence the "skim") and the pump sits in the bottom to pull the water towards it. And no, on a pond your size there's no need for a skimmer.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9a-9b
Country
Ireland
thanks as i was thinking of a fish net (doobrys high tech tooling ) type of thing for that,

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Yup. Even with a skimmer, you need a good leaf net to scoop. Not everything floats long enough to make it to the skimmer.

Ask a Question