Some new ghost butterfly koi

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
D11F4B41-4C5B-4F92-8D7B-4311237408F3.jpeg
We added a few koi today. Awesome colors. They all are very different. Tough to tell in the photo. The heron nabbed a couple so we replaced them. Little guys now. I really love the look of the butterfly koi

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Nice looking little guys. Have a 16” female ghost koi in the pond. So I end up with quite a few little ghost koi in the pond, for some reason those seem to be the only ones that make it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Good time of year to add them :) I like the look of butterfly koi, very pretty. They'll grow quickly!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
The butterfly koi are my favorites, too. Their beautiful fins as they swim through the water are almost hypnotic. Yours are so pretty! I love the metallic look of ghost koi.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
They look great, this might be my favorite too now. I need to start paying attention to the different types available.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
They look great, this might be my favorite too now. I need to start paying attention to the different types available.
@Telion When they get a bit bigger they are just awesome to watch with the longer fins. They seem to be super friendly too. I still have to large ones and they look awesome. I had 2 beautiful platinum butterflies but they the heron did get them.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
The butterfly koi are my favorites, too. Their beautiful fins as they swim through the water are almost hypnotic. Yours are so pretty! I love the metallic look of ghost koi.
My thoughts exactly with butterfly koi, as they grow they just become even more beautiful.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Nice looking little guys. Have a 16” female ghost koi in the pond. So I end up with quite a few little ghost koi in the pond, for some reason those seem to be the only ones that make it.
Funny that is one thing I have never had is Koi babies. Goldfish babies like crazy. I did have 6 butterfly koi, I was down to 2 due to the heron (who prefers koi over the goldfish by the way :() Will see if the new guys make it.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Bad Heron was flying right over my house the other day! Need to get strings back up over the ponds as some broke down. Left the cold frames over ponds without the plastic for a few more days till I have strings back up way above my head over the ponds...

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Those are some nice looking Butterfly!
I hope to be shopping for some new fish soon, have to build the new pond first
smdigging.gif

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
@Telion When they get a bit bigger they are just awesome to watch with the longer fins. They seem to be super friendly too. I still have to large ones and they look awesome. I had 2 beautiful platinum butterflies but they the heron did get them.
Sounds like a beautiful addition thank you for the insight

Ask a Question