Country
Canada
20180915_190433.jpg
20180915_132020.jpg
15370567178408632718786064655232.jpg
20180915_190433.jpg
20180915_132020.jpg
15370567178408632718786064655232.jpg
Well between my wife and daughter I had to do something with the feeder goldfish we bought over summer. Ran out bought a tank and used and filled it today with all pond material. It was a fun day and ran a under gravel pipe for up flow bog like. Grabbed the cannabis lily and creeping jennie and naturally moss. Anyway thought I'd share.

Last edited:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I just got a small tank at goodwill for 5 dollars and boy did they have fish tanks .10 of them from big to small .I wanted it for the lotus I started indoors and the big one I have is in the basement .It came with a light bar but the bulb is blowed so I guess I am going to have to find a bulb and bet that will cost more than the fish tank .I love your set up jack .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3?
Country
Canada
Did you mean Canna lily and not cannabis? If not then I'll say no more. That's a nice set up, I am bringing in my own plants also.
Lol yes it was canna lily but, hey 30 days from now our leaders have decided marajuana for everyone it's legal across our country. Perhaps I may see how that type of plant works in my bog. But may end with with deer acting weird.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Nice new tank set up looks great! Neat you are saving your plants too.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Jack you seem to have a pretty good grasp on things, did you change your circuit breaker to those light switches to a GFCI ?

depressing seeing winterizing so soon i feel ike i just got done building this pond ... oh wait i did sighh

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3?
Country
Canada
Jack you seem to have a pretty good grasp on things, did you change your circuit breaker to those light switches to a GFCI ?

depressing seeing winterizing so soon i feel ike i just got done building this pond ... oh wait i did sighh
Not yet , was on my mind and I was reminded on the pump today although I am careful all unplugged while working . This weekend I will, thanks.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Not yet , was on my mind and I was reminded on the pump today although I am careful all unplugged while working . This weekend I will, thanks.
The switches being so close and a closed area i can all but guarantee condensation will build up in the switch box

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3?
Country
Canada
The switches being so close and a closed area i can all but guarantee condensation will build up in the switch box
In my house I can almost guarantee that in all wall plugs and switches as well. I have Roxul in most of them and a foam under cover gasket. Not too much I can do in a 1950's bungalow and -40 temp. I have a line of ice at time on baseboards as well as the sill plate never insulated in these babies.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
In my house I can almost guarantee that in all wall plugs and switches as well. I have Roxul in most of them and a foam under cover gasket. Not too much I can do in a 1950's bungalow and -40 temp. I have a line of ice at time on baseboards as well as the sill plate never insulated in these babies.
when ever I think the winters re just too long here I wonder how you folks do it up there What's your summer two weeks ?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3?
Country
Canada
when ever I think the winters re just too long here I wonder how you folks do it up there What's your summer two weeks ?
That's what we like the world to believe anyway keeps the curiosity of coming here down. This summer was great and very hot from May till almost a week ago in the 30c upwards. I have lived on the west coast for almost 10 years and missed this type of winter. I found people did not celebrate the spring and summers as they do here. I don't enjoy the sometimes -50c with wind chill and any exsposed skin freezes in a few minutes. But, I will say the people are great and because we do tend to be stuck in doors in winter I think makes us stronger and more friendly in some way.

Ask a Question