Some pics from this morning...

slakker

AKA Mike
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
We lost one koi to illness/ulcer a little while ago and I think we managed to save this guy! He had 2 small ulcers and we treated him with iodine after using formalin/malachite green. He was touch and go, but looks really happy now.

IMG_0815 by slakker, on Flickr

And some morning pics...

IMG_0817 by slakker, on Flickr

IMG_0821 by slakker, on Flickr

The fly trap is still doing very well!

IMG_0819 by slakker, on Flickr

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Nice pond sorry for your loss however this guy looks healthy enough .
I love the venus fly trap I take it they like it outside where you are , do you bring them in at all or do they overwinter well in your garden ?

rgrds

Dave

slakker

AKA Mike
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
I don't think the flytrap will over winter well, but I'm going to give it a try... Even though I'm in Canada, I'm in one of the most temperate climates we have. Snow never stays on the ground and rarely does anything freeze over.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I think your temps are pretty similar to ours here in Western Washington slakker cuz we are not far from you. Sorry about your fish loss and that plant is cool and nice looking fish and pond!

Reaction score
Do those Flytrap plants actually come from Venus?
If so, then I doubt they could survive even mild Canadian winters because it's very hot on Venus.

Reaction score
hmm nice photos, and also have a nice pond. I like your pond because its looking very beautiful. Thanks for sharing these great photos...and please share more like this.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Mucky_Waters said:
Do those Flytrap plants actually come from Venus?
If so, then I doubt they could survive even mild Canadian winters because it's very hot on Venus.
Mucky I dont know if this is true or not but they were supposed to have been found in that big crater that they have in the US buggered if I can remember the name of the damn thing, god my memory is getting bad ?

rgrds

Dave

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I left all my venus fly traps and other pitcher plants outside all year round and the venus fly traps came back after I thought they died. Mine are in little fish bowl and it got frozen solid very often last winter.

Beautiful pond :)

Ask a Question