j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Guys, we don't have that plant here in Azerbaijan anyways. But thanks soooo much for doing the research for me.

By the way i found some Sweet Flag but they only sell the bulb. Not the plant. How fast is it gonna grow?

I am buying creeping jenny too. Very nice plant.

I bet that Sweet Flag will grow pretty fast from a bulb and you will like the Creeping Jenny. Watch out for it tho it does like to roam. I just clip mine off at the ends when it tries to go where I don't want it to go.
The reddish stuff in between the Creeping Jenny is a type of Sedum that likes to crawl also.

IMG_6050.JPG

IMG_6171.JPG

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
@WaterLilly Please fill in a few blanks -- might better help us find plants suited to your area. Tell us again exactly where you are located [sorry, I'm terrible with flags -- I should watch more of Sheldon & Amy's "Fun With Flags" episodes....]. And what is your climate? What kind of vendors, nurseries, plant stores are available for you there? Does your country or local area have any legal restrictions on what plants you are allowed to have [we do, here, and that makes a difference in our choices]?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Yes @ChrisP that plant is pretty and wonder if you can use it to cook w/since it is in the Oregano family?
I don't know about culinary uses. It doesn't look like "regular" oregano.

I saw it first at the Denver Botanical Gardens a few years ago and HAD to have it because of it's delicate hop-like cones. Now days I see it around town.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I don't know about culinary uses. It doesn't look like "regular" oregano.

I saw it first at the Denver Botanical Gardens a few years ago and HAD to have it because of it's delicate hop-like cones. Now days I see it around town.
It said it was an annual, but is it one of those plants that can be a tender perennial, depending on your zone? It's really eye-catching!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@WaterLilly Please fill in a few blanks -- might better help us find plants suited to your area. Tell us again exactly where you are located [sorry, I'm terrible with flags -- I should watch more of Sheldon & Amy's "Fun With Flags" episodes....]. And what is your climate? What kind of vendors, nurseries, plant stores are available for you there? Does your country or local area have any legal restrictions on what plants you are allowed to have [we do, here, and that makes a difference in our choices]?
Says in one of the posts he/she is from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azerbaijan

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
We grow Kent Beauty every year. It's never come back for us, but we love it so much we ke trying new locations!

Reaction score
Country
Azerbaijan
Thank you all guys.

We are in 8 hardiness zone. The soil is clay but with lots of rocks. It is pretty well drained actully. We have no restrictions about plants. I can find most plants here. I will mulch.

By the way i bought sweet flag, japanese maple and pampas grass.

I got a question about pampas grass. How messy is it? Will it shed those flowers in the water? How close should it be to the pond?

Ask a Question