Some Updated Photos.

Carpe_Diem

"Seize The Day"
Reaction score
Well,

I believe I have all the cosmetics done around the pond. I have begun hiding the weir with rocks but have not quite found all the rocks I require to hide it just right.

Here are some shots with the tree planted/Incorporated into the pond setting.

Have a great evening.

ThePondMay2nd014.jpg

ThePondMay2nd001.jpg

The Weir, not quite hidden yet.

ThePondMay2nd002.jpg

ThePondMay2nd009.jpg

Reaction score
much better. still need some work on that waterfall. get rocks underneath. I think you need to try to spread the rocks around in a wider area. Much improved tho!

Carpe_Diem

"Seize The Day"
Reaction score
looking good ..and i love that cala lily (is it ?) in the pot

You got it Stroppy, there are two pots near the pond and they are both Cala lilly's.
A yellow and purple one.

put one large flat rock across the top of the waterfall so you aren't restricting flow with all those rocks inside.

Hi Koikeepr,

I will try to find one large enough and flat enough to go over the top. I think you mean for me to take the ones on the inside out?

Thanks again.

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Its taking shape Keep on rock hunting you will find the right ones

Reaction score
yeah, take the ones inside the filter out. Lay something large and flat across the top so that it hides the outlet and water appears to be coming out from under the stone. You need to build up more rocks. You should not be able to see the box, but you can lift up the large rock on top to service the falls should you need to. You'll probably need something like slate that will be large but lighter weight.

Reaction score
On YouTube there is a great video from "the pond digger" on how to rock the waterfall, like KoiKeeper is saying.
Use gloves when you use waterfall foam. It does not come off if it cures on your skin

[ame]

Carpe_Diem

"Seize The Day"
Reaction score
Evening all,

Thank you for the youtube video linc. Very informative.

Here is what I have so far. I went with Koikeeper's flat rock idea on top. I feel that the rock I picked up is to light colored and does not blend in well with the dark rock I have to augment that flat stone.

Let me know how it looks please, thanks a bunch.

1stCommunionPond002.jpg

Reaction score
now you've got the idea! just put a few smaller dark colored ones on top to minimize the lighter color of that one stone and I think you're disguise will be complete. Nice work!

Ask a Question