Some very fun videos on You Tube

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Hey gang!
I came across a fun bunch of videos on You Tube. The person is called Bama Bass. He and his wife were fishing and brought home two small bass to their large aquarium to observe. They ended up hiring Aquascape pond contractors to build a big, beautiful bass pond in the backyard.

I haven't watched every video, but the pond build is fun. They also have bluegill and crappie. Anything that doesn't seem to be really thriving in their large aquariums or pond, they release back where they got them from.

There is a funny one of him watching video surveillance of a heron coming to visit the pond. He is on the edge of his seat, wondering if it got any of his fishy friends!

I think you might enjoy these!

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Anything that doesn't seem to be really thriving in their large aquariums or pond, they release back where they got them from.

That's a little scary. I hope those fish aren't transferring anything dangerous back into the wild.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
That's a little scary. I hope those fish aren't transferring anything dangerous back into the wild.
It doesn't seem like it. The only fish in the aquarium are the ones they got right at the same place. Not mixed in anywhere with anything else. And by "not thriving" I don't mean sick. More like not adjusting well to temporary aquarium life. (They only mentioned doing that one time that I saw.) It seems like they are really interested in native fish and the ecology of the spaces around them.
The big bass pond build was very fun to watch!

Ask a Question