Something a little different

Reaction score
Iggie1.jpg
I was sipping my coffee when this guy decided to go for a swim. I couldn't get my phone ready for the actual swim, but I managed to get him hanging out with the hyacinths.

Reaction score
Wow he's cool looking. Everybody loves a good pond dunk. :D Do you have a bunch of iguana's?? there, (if that's what he is).

Yes, they are a real pest. Its now legal to humanly kill them. I don't. Although our dog has eaten a few and I don't discourage it. They eat everything. Its been estimated there are some where between 50,000 to 80,000 iguanas on the island There's only 55,000 people!). Flower beds, vegetable gardens, fruit trees, flower trees - they eat it all. Sometimes I will have 10 or more lounging at the pond. They climb on your house, poop on everything - the poop carries salmonella, so its a real danger to have kids eating on a picnic table.

We are also over run with chickens. Yes, wild chickens!

And on occasion the main street into the 5th largest banking capital in the world (Grand Cayman) has been shut down due to cows blocking the road! LOL!

Interesting balance to be cosmopolitan and third world at the same time. LOL!

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
LOL Hawaii had the wild chickens and cows on some of the islands but no Iguanas. I saw them when I went to Cozumel. They are very neat looking but I can't imagine having them everywhere like that.
And I love GC, we were there in May on a cruise.

Reaction score
LOL Hawaii had the wild chickens and cows on some of the islands but no Iguanas. I saw them when I went to Cozumel. They are very neat looking but I can't imagine having them everywhere like that.
And I love GC, we were there in May on a cruise.

Awesome! Wish I had known you then! I could have given you a pond tour! LOL!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Neat pic Priscilla of Godzilla taking a dip...............we watched that movie last night...............I enjoyed your photo better :)
When we were in Hawaii we couldn't get over how every where we went there were chickens!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Next time we are there we will give you a heads up too! It would be fun to meet and greet.

Neat shot too, they are a pest in south florida too.

Reaction score
I would wake up to a horse licking dew and chipping paint of my rental when I was on St. Croix. Then they would stand in the middle of the main roads!!! I grew up with horses so watching one chew on the rental was not surprising to me!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Yes, they are a real pest. Its now legal to humanly kill them. I don't. Although our dog has eaten a few and I don't discourage it. They eat everything. Its been estimated there are some where between 50,000 to 80,000 iguanas on the island There's only 55,000 people!). Flower beds, vegetable gardens, fruit trees, flower trees - they eat it all. Sometimes I will have 10 or more lounging at the pond. They climb on your house, poop on everything - the poop carries salmonella, so its a real danger to have kids eating on a picnic table.

We are also over run with chickens. Yes, wild chickens!

And on occasion the main street into the 5th largest banking capital in the world (Grand Cayman) has been shut down due to cows blocking the road! LOL!

Interesting balance to be cosmopolitan and third world at the same time. LOL!
Off topic but, I went to Grand Cayman about 20 years ago. We arrived in the middle of the night due to 2 feet of snow at Burlington Vermont airport. It was the first time I saw driving on the left side of the road. The bus that picked us up was racing through town, on the way to the hotel. I was so happy when the police pulled us over. lol. We rented a car for a week. Driving on the left side of the road was wild.
I loved Stingray City, the crystal clear water, and the giant turtles. Would love to go back there to scuba dive some day.

Ask a Question