Something got my fish:(

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
In an earlier post, I wrote that I couldn't get my fish to come up and eat fish food. After numerous tries, I finally got them to eat the regular pellets. I was so happy!!

Yesterday morning I went out to feed them and couldn't find any fish. After searching the plants along the edge of the pond, I was able to see a couple of them hiding. Two fish then came out and were darting around the pond and then went back into hiding.

Nothing was upset in the pond. All the pots were upright and didn't look like they had been moved.

I had 3 shubunkins, 2 goldfish and some muts.

Any ideas of what could have happened? We haven't seen any animals around, but perhaps it happened in the dark.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
sounds like a heron,they wade in or fish from shore, are lightning fast in their strikes and will stand motionless for 20 minutes till their target is in range. raccoons tend to leave a mess.

Reaction score
There is the shoot, shovel and shutup method...but I can't condone that.
I replied to another post that I use fishing line strung between Tiki torches around the perimeter of the pond. It has worked for me.

Ask a Question