Something probably only you guys will relate to...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Last weekend we were on a road trip. We were on the interstate, driving along, when a semi pulling a massive, long flatbed trailer slowly passed us. I started bouncing in my seat and making various excited sounds. The truck was carrying tall, caged pallets of ROCKS! There were a few pallets of softball sized rocks, several pallets of beachball sized boulders -- and several GIGANTIC. AWESOME. MONSTER SIZED BOULDERS! Like the kind you need heavy equipment to lift and place.

My husband and kids looked at me like I was nuts. "Oh my gosh! Look at those ROCKS! I bet someone is getting a HUGE AND WONDERFUL POND!!!!!!!!!!"

They just looked at me.

"I kind of want to follow it and see where it goes!!!!!"

Silence.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I know exactly how that feels, I'm shopping around for rocks and stones ideas for my new pond, and I'm falling in love with way too many different syles
I definitely have to have steps somewhere in the landscape now, just so I can buy the stones I saw at one store

I was actually suppose to shop for caps, but once I was in the lot, surrounded by all those rocks and boulders I completely lost my way
runningsidetoside.gif

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Love those rocks and I know exactly how you felt! Whenever I walk or ride my bike around the hood I get rock envy at all the neighbors rocks!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have been known to pick up a rock or 2 when I see landscaped areas .I hope no one sees me and even got my poor sister involved a couple of times ;):)at least if we go down for it we can keep each other company in jail until hubbies decide to bail us out .Wonder if judge would mind if we ask to keep the evidence :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Yes......I have the addiction......we went out west in 2016......I have rocks from every state we went to.......maybe the government is not monitoring this forum......alot came from Well known Parks.....just saying......needless to say our Rav4....... Was running nose up on the way home......lol Jimmy

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Oh yes! It’s such an addiction in our house that once when we were just learning SCUBA, Hubby and I came up on a really nice cropping of underwater rocks. I wish we’d had a camera! I swam up to one of the rocks, put my arms around it and gave Hubby the most pitiful “Can I take it home with me” looks!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Yes......I have the addiction......we went out west in 2016......I have rocks from every state we went to.......

I brought home stones from a trip to Kentucky but I think I'm being punished cause they are literally disintegrating over time:ROFLMAO:

Ask a Question