E6D2DCE7-2448-4984-88FD-77EDBD5F5F59.jpeg
    399.4 KB · Views: 53

YShahar

Enthusiastic duct-tape engineer
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Israel
Whoa! Beautiful, but looks like a very capable fish-gobbler-upper!

Of course, now you can truly sing "Egrets, I've had a few..."
(Yeah, I know, I've made the same joke before...)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Good luck! They sit and watch and wait.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
Good luck! They sit and watch and wait.
Yes, I am amazed by their patience (I could use some:) She did get a baby snake here yesterday which made me happy since it seems like she waits forever and never gets anything. The banded watersnake was back last night and this morning and now I have no more frogs:( I would rather have it take some of my MANY fish. I think I am at the tipping point (about 25 shubies in 900 gallons)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
THE LAST TIME A BLUE HERON came in my yard it landed on the roof i was respooling the weed whacker and grabbed the closest thing which was the spool and hurled it at the bugger . the spool fell apart mid flight looked like an octopus with a million arms . never saw that bird again as it did not make a very graceful exit

YShahar

Enthusiastic duct-tape engineer
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Israel
THE LAST TIME A BLUE HERON came in my yard it landed on the roof i was respooling the weed whacker and grabbed the closest thing which was the spool and hurled it at the bugger . the spool fell apart mid flight looked like an octopus with a million arms . never saw that bird again as it did not make a very graceful exit
That bird has probably spent a lifetime dining at other birds' nests just so he can retell the story of the many-armed flying octopus that attacked him when he visited your pond. I'm sure his escape from the monster becomes more heroic with each retelling. (Somewhat like my husband's retelling of our second date ;-) )

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That bird has probably spent a lifetime dining at other birds' nests just so he can retell the story of the many-armed flying octopus that attacked him when he visited your pond. I'm sure his escape from the monster becomes more heroic with each retelling. (Somewhat like my husband's retelling of our second date ;-) )
`OH SHIT LMAO ................ Now if that doesn't leave the door wide open for the imagination.

Ask a Question