Sorry, Becky...

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
It seems I spent too much time reading the latest filter discussion post, as just before I got to the end, Becky closed the thread! Meaning no disrespect to our administrators, I never-the-less would like to put in my two cents' worth. The argument over filters will NEVER be won, BY ANYONE! As I read these posts, I kept thinking how these people could just as well be discussing their personal choice of VEHICLES. I myself drive a pickup truck. I like the added height and increased visibility, and the four-wheel drive comes in handy in winter (all six months of it) as well as some of the trails that pass for roads in the northern part of our province, which I visit every chance I get. However, I hate parking a full-sized truck, so I have one of the smaller ones on the market.
If you're still reading, please bear with me a moment longer. Let me just say that under NO circumstances would I waste my time trying to convince any one of you to run out and buy a Nissan Pathfinder! If you only use your car to do your grocery shopping, by all means drive your little sub-compact. If you have eight kids to run to music lessons and other appointments, your mini-van is probably ideal for you. If, like some on this forum, you spend a lot of time hauling chunks of concrete and tons of rocks foraged from nature, then of COURSE you should own the biggest mother dually 18-ton truck available! To each his (or her) own! I won't try to tell you that the ONLY automobile to own is a Ferrari, even though it may well be the fastest and most agile thing on the road.
You see, the choice of filter is just as complex as the choice of personal transportation. You see an ad for it, it sounds good, and you buy it. Or you see one in operation, it works well, and you just have to have the same one. Or, in many cases, it came free or almost free because Uncle Joe no longer had a use for it! (R.I.P., Uncle Joe.) The think is, once you have this car/filter, you HAVE to defend it. Did anyone ever tell you, "Yea, it LOOKS good, but it's a bunch of CRAP"? No, that would make that person look like a real idiot, for buying something that didn't do the job!!!
So you see, the choice of a filter, like a car, generally starts with something CHEAP, progresses to something more UTILITARIAN, and, as our knowledge increases, we finally end up with something that REALLY DOES THE JOB!
John
P.s. Sorry, Becky, but I had to get this off my chest. I will accept whatever punishment you deem appropriate, but PLEASE don't banish me!?

morewater

President, Raccoon Haters International
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Haro's right. If you don't drive a 4x4 pickup truck, you're dumb.

You tell 'em, Haro.

(I drive one, Ford King Ranch 4x4).

LOL

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I drive an suv fords rule in my book .I have a ford explorer v8 and ford explorer sport trac the sport trac bad on gas the other one I can go from here to NJ on a full tank of gas problem is I have to stop and empty my tank and then fill it up with coffee again :LOL::coffee::coffee:addictions suck :ROFLMAO:

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Did anyone ever tell you, "Yea, it LOOKS good, but it's a bunch of CRAP"? No, that would make that person look like a real idiot, for buying something that didn't do the job!!!

Actually, yes, I have seen some pretty big Ford vs Chevy vs Dodge arguments out there. :p

Truth is, everyone likes something different, everyone has different methods, and everyone has different budgets. In the end, we should all get what fits us and as for those who get something different we'll have to let it be, let it be, let it be, let it be.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Does this mean I'm half dumb as I drive an all wheel drive 1991 Subaru Legacy. It's falling apart slowly now but drives great through snow or mud. The air suspension thingy has gone awry and you have to warm it up and push the button to raise it up and down for awhile or it slants and drives like one of those low riders or bouncy cars...............that's when I turn up my music
lowrider.gif

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Thanks. every time someone says lowrider I have that song stuck in my head for the rest of the day. At least you posted the song so I can listen to it. (y)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I quite agree HARO, and why on earth do you think I would ban you?! There are some topics will always be divisive, and there is often no right or wrong answer - just lots of solutions that work for different people in different situations. All I ask is respect for each other when discussing them :)

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Haro's right. If you don't drive a 4x4 pickup truck, you're dumb.

You tell 'em, Haro.

(I drive one, Ford King Ranch 4x4).

LOL

Is THAT what you took from my rant? What I'm saying is, once you get your brains in gear, and get all the facts straight, you'll ditch that over-sized Ford for a nice little NISSAN! :LOL::LOL::LOL:
John

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Does this mean I'm half dumb as I drive an all wheel drive 1991 Subaru Legacy. It's falling apart slowly now but drives great through snow or mud. The air suspension thingy has gone awry and you have to warm it up and push the button to raise it up and down for awhile or it slants and drives like one of those low riders or bouncy cars...............that's when I turn up my music View attachment 66918

Of course you're not stupid, j.w.! If that's what Uncle Joe left you, and it gets you around, by all means drive it! :eek:
John

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
I quite agree HARO, and why on earth do you think I would ban you?! There are some topics will always be divisive, and there is often no right or wrong answer - just lots of solutions that work for different people in different situations. All I ask is respect for each other when discussing them :)

Only half-kidding on this, Becky.... I was banned from another forum after my first post, for a seemingly innocent post, and don't want that happenning here! But if I seriously thought it would get me booted, I wouldn't have posted it. :happy:
John

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I wish Uncle Joe had left it to me. That thing cost a pretty penny way back in 1991 and I do hang onto a car for as long as possible. They become part of the family and I'm sad to see them go...................gosh I remember my old Pinto wagon (I know they were lemons) but when the time had come to get a new car (had it for 10yrs) I was sorry to see it go :cry:
And it was not dead.............we gave it away still running :)

Ask a Question