Sorry for my continued absence of late

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All as some of you will already know I've not been at all well of late loosing stones in weight dropping to thirty six inch waist approx nine belt sizes and they still dont know why but thankfully i'm over the worst of it .
I still have no appetite nor hunger pangs , it is like I have a total disconnect between my head and my stomach,the Doctors now they think it is my medication and have taken me off one of my heart tablets which they say could be causing my problems but it may be a few months before things get back to normal with my CAT scan coming back as clear :happy:.
I've been in a very dark place for a while with all this, you could say that It overwelmed me and I fell into a major depression over all that has happened since Xmas I got to thinking the worst and just couldnt get out from under it of it no matter how hard I tried spending days in bed at a time not wanting to get dressed or do anything it took one hell of alott to get back to thinking in a positive manner
But I've beaten it now [we both hope], even the koi went on the back burner for a while which all of you know just isnt like me, I just didnt have the will power to do things that needed doing such as water changes etc, thankfully I had a number of friends to help out with this .
Val was a superstar throughout all this looking after me with the same dedication I would normally care for her with.
I''ve also just gotten over wrongly prescribed antibiotics when one of the doctors miss-prescribed a drug that had penicillin as part of its makeup for an attack of cellulitis when my leg became infected [yet again] even though I had told him of my allergy to anything that had anything to do with penicillin, thankfully this time I dodged a bullet....... I did however end up scratching myself like mad due to it and ended up looking like I had done ten rounds with a tiger cub :(
I dont blame the Doctor as the whole of the NHS including GP surgeries are under alott of pressure from our current government to produce a 7 day a week sevice but are grossly underfunded at this moment in time by them due to the recent banking scandle in which we as a country had to bail them out and this goverments bloody mindedness to ballance the countries books
The koi thankfully came out from winter with no problems and I've just completed my spring filter maintenance though it took a number of weeks to complete, they are currently under the shade of the large parasol we bought last year with a pond temperature of 17.9c we are expecting temperatures of 23c today and have clear blue skies for the moment however the weather station indicates heavy rain ahead [the South east of the UK suffering violent thunderstorms , which are slowly tracking across towards us ].
It's nice to be back:happy:

Dave

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Good to have you back Dave. You were missed! Glad to hear that things now seem to be on the right track for you and Val. Welcome back!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
It certainly doesnt help when youve been fighting depression in the past @Lisak1 I was sorry to hear of @Big Lou being ill as well , and hope for a speedy outcome for him getting better
I just hope that if it was my medication things get better soonest mind you I look better for the weight lost since Xmas , I saw my former diabetic nurse who left for another surgery in Plymouth in December just the other week whilst we were shopping at our local Morrisons Super Market she was really quite shocked at my weight loss since she last saw me [it was her that first drew our attention to what proved to be the start of the weight loss in the first place just prior prior to her leaving us .

Dave

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Thanx @mrsclem and @DrCase its good to be back :happy: th0ough it may be one or two days to get back into the swing of things this whole episode has left me quite drained :(

Dave

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Welcome back Dave and yep meds can help but they can harm also .Doctor had hubby on heart meds that put him in the hospital 2 times with internal bleeding and it took 4 pints of blood the first time .He almost died because of the lose of that much blood .They even had to transport him down to Duke hospital because of the bleeding inside him .I hope they find out fast for you .My hubby went from 165 pounds on a 6 foot frame down to 115 pounds .It was scary .So be very careful Dave .He was on effient meds after his heart attack

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
@Dave 54 , Gosh, I'd look for you every day and wondered if you were ok. I'm so happy to see an update from you. Please continue to make your health, both emotional and physical, your top priority. Maybe your love of fish keeping, will aid your recovery from depression.....I know it's helped with my grief, from losing my father.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
What a basket of monkeys you have been in @Dave 54 and it's nice to see you back again. Sometimes life gets in the way of our plans but I'm glad you had your lovely wife by your side to help and care for you.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Thanx everyone for your many good wishes sissy you are right there but am on the mend and back again even if it is only for a hour or so at the moment as my strength gets better I'll be spending much more time I sure as hell missed you guys
Val sends her wishes sadly she's recovering from a recent fall when her knee gave out damaging her right shoulder her Fasioscapularhumeral MD being the culprit at 04:00 am in the morning after a trip to the Loo causing me to go from sleep to panic stations in one :eek:

Dave

Ask a Question