Sorry I have not been around as much

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
As a few of you knew, we went to the Rocky Mountains NP which was beautiful. While we where there we found out my mom was diagnosed with cancer. So I have been dealing with that.

The pond is doing well, finally all the pears have dropped and almost all the leaves. The skimmer has been working overtime.

Here is a couple of frogs I took a couple of weeks back.

Hitching a Ride by A & R Photography, on Flickr

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
I'm so sorry about your mother's diagnosis. I've missed your posts and pictures. Sending positive thoughts for healing to your mom.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
I wondered where you have been, I'm very sorry to hear about your mom.:(
I hope she receives treatment so she can beat it.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Sorry to hear about your mom. I hope you still had a good time in the Rocky Mountains while you were there.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Sorry to hear about your mom .It is hard to see what they are going through .I took care of both my hubbies parents who had cancer for awhile and it is one of the hardest things to deal with .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hope your mom gets better soon. My wife is in full remission from Hodgkin's and we are thankful there are so many good treatments now.
We just attended the Lymphoma and Leukemia walk on Sunday night for the light up the night walk event and it was nice to see all the support for curing the disease.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Sorry to hear about your Mom. Hoping all goes well for her. Good to have you back.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Nice to see you back RobAmy, although I'm very sorry to hear about your Mum. I hope it is something treatable, and that she is being well looked after.

That frog photo is excellent! Their skin looks almost luminous. Was this taken in your garden?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Oh Man sorry to hear this my friend all I can say is Cancer is a scary word my own Mum went through it twice.
So in most cases its not the end of the world I remember how I felt when I first learned of Mums Breast Cancer the world dropped out from under me ..
That was over 20 years ago now and though older she is still going strong aged 83 .
Will think about her in our prayers my friend

Dave

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I have wondered where you were! good to see you again. Hope your mom gets better soon.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Thanks for all the warm wishes. My mom is doing well. She has breast cancer. So far all is good and they did get it all. She just finished up today with her last radiation treatment. Now just a waiting game. Again thanks for the support

Ask a Question