Sorry I have not been so active, had a Kitchen project.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Sorry I have not been around as much. The pond is doing great, needs some weeding :). My wife wanted to do the kitchen over so we did. I did everything myself except for the granite counters. I changed one of the kitchen windows over the sink so they matched now, this is not in the before picture. I changed both doors going outside with a full length storm door, better views of the pond now.

I bought the cabinets not put together, saved a lot of money. Each one was about an hour to build. Some faster some slower depending on draws and slides etc. They are all hickory cabinets, we love the natural look of them. We wanted a cabin like feel with the design. I finished up yesterday except for one outlet cover was not in stock. It has taken a few hours from the pond for sure. I added outlets with USB ports ( not cheap by the way). We still need to buy the stools for under the island. This gave my wife an additional 6 cabinets and more counter space. The last picture shows the additional cabinets and counter space. We never had any there. Overall we are very pleased with the outcome.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Excellent job! Love the new counter tops and the hickory cabinets with leaf pulls. (I put similar hickory cabinets in our cabin - love 'em!) I've been thinking about switching out our little farmhouse table for an island so this is giving me ideas!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Excellent job! Love the new counter tops and the hickory cabinets with leaf pulls. (I put similar hickory cabinets in our cabin - love 'em!) I've been thinking about switching out our little farmhouse table for an island so this is giving me ideas!
Thank you, we had a tough time finding an island for our small space, my wife wanted it counter height. We just bought a table and removed the top that it came with and replaced it with the granite.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Beautiful! We have used the hickory in some of our rentals. Love the look of them!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Love your choice of granite ! Ours is dark and shows dust. I also love the Hickory, we have Cherry....which has grown darker over the years. Will Hickory darken with age?

I'm sure your wife is thrilled with the extra storage !

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Love your choice of granite ! Ours is dark and shows dust. I also love the Hickory, we have Cherry....which has grown darker over the years. Will Hickory darken with age?

I'm sure your wife is thrilled with the extra storage !

We really liked the granite, it is called exotic, I think that was so they could charge more ;). I assume the hickory will darken a bit, most woods do with age. Amy is very happy with the extra cabinets for sure.

Ask a Question