Sort order on Forums

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new to the site and noticed when I click on a forum it starts with the 1st post on the topic rather than the most current ... Is there a setting that would allow me to see the most recent posts first ? For many of the forums that have been going a long time, for me it would make sense to have the most recent post first...

Thanks, Steve

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
I am not aware of this feature. I looked at my profile settings and didn't find what you are looking for.

JohnHuff

I know nothing.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
Kyrgyzstan
On the top of your page there should be a tab that says "View New Content", just click on that. You can filter using choices on the left.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Not sure I've ever seen that on any forum. Just click the double arrow once you're in the thread and it'll send you to the last page.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
if you click on a thread from the "main index page" it takes you to the last post viewed. but if you open a 'forum index' and open a thread it takes you to the beginning of the thread. i guess it would be nice to have the "last post viewed' show, no matter where you open a thread.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Right next to the posters name on the right hand side of the page, to the left of the replies and views, if you hover your mouse near there you will see a down arrow. Click that down arrow, it will show you the first post, last unread post and the very last post of that thread, you can click it and mark read or click it and go to unread posts.

See the yellow mark I made on this picture it is about there.

gpf.JPG

I always click view new content to see what is new for me i.e. I have not read then click the arrow to see a preview of the posts.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
sdame said:
Hi addy1 - That tip on the down arrow is great, thanks !
I like it, gives you a quick look and shows how many posts made since you last read the thread

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
It looks like your query has been resolved, but if you need any more assistance please let me know :)

Ask a Question