spangs intro

Reaction score
I totally forgot to introduce myself yesterday and just started posting well I'm in my 1st year of ponding and enjoy it a lot I tell everyone at work that I made a garden pond and they think I'm crazy because I usually just talk about racing my utv and things like that and they think it's some kind of old person thing to do I enjoy it because its kind of relaxing and now we enjoy the gazebo that is in are yard more we use to never go out there and now we like to check out the pond and hang out there after just kind of jumping into the hole pond thing not knowing allot about it and checking this forum out like all day yesterday I'm going to redo the pond make it bigger and build one of the 55gal drum filters that you all have on here I have 3 koi that started off being about 3 inches and now are like 7 I think and 4 feeder gold fish that are like 2 inches or so now the pond is around 600 gal or so will make it around 1500 next year hopefully

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
spangs,
welcome to the forum .. and enjoy your adventure in ponding!!
...........................................................................koiguy
oh and theres a couple of teenagers on this forum

Reaction score
welcome spangs! Don't forget to build yourself one of koiguy's famous water plant rings, too!

Lots of good stuff for you to glean here.

Reaction score
thanks for the welcome i was over at my in-laws and looking around there yard to see if they had a 55gal drum and they had one but using it for trash and then i remembered that they had a water tank for haling water its 100gal and already has inlet and out lets on it and they not using it just needs cleaned out really good and i think i can make it work if not im sure my father in-law can get me some 55 gal barrels iv learned a lot just seeing what everyone ells has posted about lots of do's and don’ts evan thoe iv done some of the don’ts and now i know not to do them

Ask a Question