speaking of winterizing...

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
HOWS EVERY BODY'S WEATHER HOLDING UP? TEMPS HERE HAVE BEEN IN THE 50S AND 60s...leaves are already starting to fall...cool,rainy and overcast.......birds seem to be thinning out. saw 2 groups of cranes heading in a southbound direction the other day..4 in each group. didnt know they traveled in groups...just pairs, i thought.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Same here. 50's & 60's. Chilly, but I love Fall, so it's all good for me. I need to transplant some plants before Winter.

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
We are the same in temps, might set a new record low for the high today only 61. One week ago we were 100 degrees, hot and sunny and now rainy (which we desperately needed) and cool. As sunshine says going to work on splitting some perennials and moving stuff. My river birch trees have lost half their leaves already, having to empty the skimmer twice a day or I get the dreaded sucking sound.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
YEP..almost time to start hitting the cider mills....hot apple cider with a touch of JACK DANIELS (OR ANY SOUR MASH BOURBON) and a cinnamin stick! good ole "APPLE JACKS"..........YUMMY!

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
We've had normal 70's temps during the day, but dropping way to to the 40's at night. Outlook fo rthe rest of the week is between 71 and 81 with lows 50-58. Fells like football weather for sure in the evening.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Same here moving plants around, well once it stops raining. Did get a bunch moved before it started. Have a few more to do.

At least we finally have wet ground, it has been rock hard and dry all summer.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
It's been drizzling for 2 days now. Wanted to get the transplanting done, don't want to get wet ... lol Maybe this weekend.

Mmmmmm hot apple cider. Sounds delish

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Hot and sunny here folks and loving it. Seems like we had our fall during Spring and now we are getting our Summer near Fall time. Maybe Winter will be Spring, lol!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Hot and sunny here folks and loving it. Seems like we had our fall during Spring and now we are getting our Summer near Fall time. Maybe Winter will be Spring, lol!

LOL jw, you can only wish...........still raining here sure do wish this happened during the summer, we were so darn dry

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
Our rain was last weekend, along with some horrible wind AGAIN!!!

luckily, my tall plants didnt get taken out this time, surprising since my cannas are over 6 feet tall.

unluckily, one of my tress didnt fair so well in the wind. and neither did the fence when the tree hit it :)

bonfire anyone?

DSC00620.JPG
DSC00619.JPG
DSC00629.JPG
DSC00627.JPG

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Sorry about your fence at least it missed your house.

Reaction score
Everybody is talking about it cooling off, well the high today was 109 and I'm ready for it to cool down some. At least we are coming out of the 113 and 115 degree weather. They say it will start to cool down some next week and stay in the low 100's so I'm very happy!!

Addy, I haven't even seen many of the snowbirds return yet and I don't blame them one bit......lol!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Everybody is talking about it cooling off, well the high today was 109 and I'm ready for it to cool down some. At least we are coming out of the 113 and 115 degree weather. They say it will start to cool down some next week and stay in the low 100's so I'm very happy!!

Addy, I haven't even seen many of the snowbirds return yet and I don't blame them one bit......lol!

At least the roads are not crowded yet. I don't miss that heat at all.

Ask a Question