spiders

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just wondering if anyone else has noticed lot's of spiders around this summer?

We always have spiders (some are big and scary) around here. I sometimes wonder if living by the lake had anything to do with it.

Anyway it just seems there are more than normal. I get spider webs on my car every day. Have to clean them off before leaving for work. Today I notice a ton of tiny baby spiders crawling out from the side view mirror! :eek:

I think I killed five baby spiders in my bathroom the other day :yuck:

This morning I'm standing at my back door waiting for the dogs to come in and I notice big spider webs running across the back yard from the shed to the fence. In the middle if it all is a huge web. It just gives me the hebe-jebies thinking about the size of the spider who made it :nailbiting:

Reaction score
Desoto, Texas (Dallas County) North Texas, Zone 8a
Showcase(s):
Our Sunny started out the back door for her early morning meander when suddenly she walked face first into the lower threads of a spider web. Between the back and forth shaking of her head and her flaying front paws I knew what had just occurred. This old girl quickly take a detour and continued her trip to the decks, flower beds and of course her walk around the pond. :)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I dislike spiders, but if I find them in the house, usually scoop up and toss outside. Scoop up i.e. put a glass over them, cover with a piece of paper and toss outside.

I am on constant spider web watch, can't stand to walk into them. There are the single strand floaters crossing everywhere.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ugh, I am constantly trying to avoid running into the spider strands this year. I keep a broom by my back and front doors so that I can grab it easily and knock them down. We keep our trash cans in the back yard behind our shed and I won't even go back there anymore (poor hubby has to do it) to take the garbage out :ninja:

I don't kill them if they are outside but when they are in the house they are fair game. No kidding guys some of them (in the house) are so big my cat and dog will actually try and catch them :jawdrop:

Anyway I know they are important but I still don't like them. And I especially don't want them crawling on me! :dead:

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We get wolf spiders in the basement now and then, no clue how they get in. Those I catch and toss outside, they are great bug catchers. They are darn huge, but no webs which is great.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a (10 - 15 degrees F)
Country
United States
I don't do well around spiders, and I agree Maria... it's been a heavy spider season!! I've been known to hyperventilate, break out in hives, and sometimes cry in the presence of eight-leggers. I try to be rational, but I just can't get comfortable with them! If they are in my home, and running around freaking me out, they have to die (not by MY hands, of course). If they are outside, or can manage to live peacefully in my home without scurrying across floors or dropping from the ceiling... they have a chance at survival.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have not seen any webs, at least in the house. I catch them as they crawl across the floor.

Per the net

Wolf spiders don’t spin webs and they were probably given their name because they stalk and hunt their prey, just like wolves do. Although it is true that Wolf spiders look very similar to Tarantulas, they are different from the broad class of Tarantula. The scientific name for Wolf spiders is Lycosidae

Reaction score
Country
United States
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Just imagine me doing the "get that damn spider off me dance" or get it out of my house dance. Certain spiders I have to make my husband kill I can't even bring myself to get close enough to do it.

Ask a Question