Spillway size

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi All-
You all have helped me a ton, so thank you. I am hoping for a specific bit of help sizing my spillway. I have a auquacape 2000-4000 gph pump with 5 foot of head height. I am hoping for a good amount of water over my falls, and have no idea how wide of a spillway I should have. If I use a narrow one can I just fan the water out and vice versa for a wide spillway?
Thanks

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1565278531274.gif
@Pittsburgh Todd
Not sure on how to choose the size. I have a 2480 gph Laguna pump and my falls are about 2 ft tall and this is what I get outta mine. Spillway is about 12" wide give or take. Not a real heavy flow.

IMG_9289.JPG

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks That is gorgeous, I plan on disrupting my waterfall a lot so I think I am going to need a higher volume of water.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
That photo was taken a couple days ago after I added more rocks to the front and side of the container for the falls and I was standing in the pond while doing it and I mucked up the water good. Here is today after I cleaned alot of gunk off the pond bottom and the water settled and was much clearer. I added a birdbath bowl to the top of the falls to cover the big hole in the center of the container.

IMG_9292.JPG

Gotta have a darn net over the pond to keep the heron out and it's hard to get a good photo.
IMG_9296.JPG

Ask a Question