Spooked fish?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
This morning we went out to say hi to our little friends and the water was empty. The pond is about 4 feet deep and I have 2 large 4' PVC pipes with large flat rocks on top of them so they can hide and boy were they hiding. All day. Only after it rained a bit tonight were they active again. I ran the camera tape back about 5 hours from this morning and saw nothing and I have IR cameras so if something went after them I would have seen it.

How long can fish stay spooked? Should I go back even farther?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
As a matter of interest texnaster whats is the temperature of your pond at the mmoment as unless you've seen evidence of preditor it may be a cooling of your pond water causing them to hide out .

Dave

Reaction score
Also in Dallas....It was 36 degrees this morning, and my smaller fish are ALL hidden. The only guy around is my larger one that won't fit in the hiding spots. I may have to rearrange some rocks to let him hide, too, but he seems very happy just hanging out between lily pots.

Reaction score
My water temp in Michigan was 42ish today and my fish didn't not come out at all today. My rosy red minnows did.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
The temp did change about 10 degrees that night and they are back to their normal selves.

Thanks folks :)

Ask a Question