1FE96E53-144F-4809-8698-6AD989336967.jpeg
    127.5 KB · Views: 17
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a/sunset zone 23
Country
United States
This is new and more than one has these spots, any idea what this is ?
Please scoop your fish into a tub or viewing bowl so you can get a closer look. I am currently dealing with a fish lice outbreak in my pond and it’s not something you would want to wait and see on, you need to treat right away. In your photo it looks like there is a brownish semi-transparent disc shape around a lighter line in the middle, that is what fish lice look like, but the photo isn’t clear enough to give any certainty. If this were carp pox, carp pox looks like small blobs of round white snot balls, they are squishy and don’t have a particular shape. Up close it would be very easy to tell the difference. Also, fish lice tends to be a warm weather disease whereas carp pox is most common in the winter.

Reaction score
Country
United States
That describes it correctly, it’s on at least 3 of the fish, after separating them how would I treat the lice?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a/sunset zone 23
Country
United States
Your whole pond is infected now, it’s not just those three fish. The first recommended treatment is Dimlin X. Your local pond store should carry it. If you want to remove the adult lice for your fishes’ comfort they come off pretty easily with tweezers, but don’t let go of them in the water they will swim and reattach to your fish, remove them completely from the tub. If there is a sore or injury where the loose has been latched you can treat that directly while you have the fish.

Ask a Question