spring is here :)

Reaction score
snapped some pics of the pond and fish yesterday.

P1090066.jpg

P1090084.jpg

P1090087.jpg

P1090086.jpg

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
nice... eveything is getting green over there...were gonna be in the upper 60s lower 70s for the next few days... hopefully a good start to a good season...

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
All looks magnifico and I do like your plant floats. I need to figure out how to do those right. Styrofoam and screen tied on right w/ soil inside? :)

Reaction score
Thanks! I "cheated" with the floaters and bought them. They're pretty small, but very convenient :alieneyesa:

As for the red plant, I can't for the life of me remember what it's called - I'll have to look it up. It's also a common aquarium plant (grown submerged). When grown as a marginal, it gets brilliant crimson flowers and grows quite tall - around 24". Flowers in mid-to-late summer.

Reaction score
chilligirl said:
As for the red plant, I can't for the life of me remember what it's called - I'll have to look it up. It's also a common aquarium plant (grown submerged). When grown as a marginal, it gets brilliant crimson flowers and grows quite tall - around 24". Flowers in mid-to-late summer.
Sounds like Cardinal flower (lobelia cardinalis) but I never knew it was an aquarium plant! Attached a pix of the green leafed version. It also comes in a red leafed version.

Attachments

• Lobelia_cardinalis_08-14-08.jpg
    Lobelia_cardinalis_08-14-08.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 270
Reaction score
poodles said:
Sounds like Cardinal flower (lobelia cardinalis) but I never knew it was an aquarium plant! Attached a pix of the green leafed version. It also comes in a red leafed version.

Yes! That's what it is - thanks :)

I don't know if this exact one can also be grown aquatically, but lobelia is a common aquarium plant...

Ask a Question