Spring outdoor projects

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Now that we're done shopping for Christmas, Hubby and I can go back focusing on how to proceed with the backyard makeover
We still have to decide what cap stones to use on the pond, and most important how should we attach them? we have no idea, we can use your help!

Right now I'm looking into different ideas for a pathway that would fit in with the rest of the courtyard.
The pond will be faced with large cobble stones, we think it's what would go better with the log coop, so what if we did the pathway using the same stones, sort of like this pic would it be too much?
Can anyone tell what they used to hold the stones in place?
I'd appreciate any comment :)

Stone-Walkway.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Looks like a mix of rough sand. If you want it to look pretty natural but not have the issue of sand washing away/ rocks sinking, etc, there’s a technique where you’d till the existing dirt very well when it’s dry- very dry. Turn it into a fine powder. Then till in Portland cement powder. You could then place your rocks as wanted, then water it all with a fine mist overnight, and let cure. It’ll be a smidge paler than your regular dirt, and not as hard as regular concrete, but it’s a technique we were looking at using here. Once I get the tiller fixed, I’ll be giving it a try!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Thanks @JamieB , that sounds like it could really work!
smrubhand.gif

I imagine I could mix in color to give it contrast, right?

Ask a Question