Spring pond

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there anything I should do or prepare with pond come the spring. Blue.9

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
That's a pretty general question @Blue . Anything specific you're worried about or concerned about? Are you currently running your pond or do you shut down for winter? Is your filter off for the winter or still functioning?

Spring here means the long wait for the ice and snow to melt off the pond so I can say hello to my fish friends!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
That's a pretty general question @Blue . Anything specific you're worried about or concerned about? Are you currently running your pond or do you shut down for winter? Is your filter off for the winter or still functioning?

Spring here means the long wait for the ice and snow to melt off the pond so I can say hello to my fish friends!
Thanks. Will not be long. Since I have had pond last June running all the time. Pump packed in before Xmas. Friend fixed it. Reason for stopping. He found slug in the UVC compartment stopping impeller. Must have got in while I took pump out and cleaned it . What odds in That!!!! I will have Q s in future for you . Blue

TheFishGuy

( Insert something funny )
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
I would say that the biggest thing for me during the spring is cleaning up the pond of dead plants, leaves and such, and making sure all the equipment is set to go for the coming season, beyond that it is jsut making sure the fish made it through the winter and dealing with it if they didn't :)

and if you are still around, I will say that the whole politics thing has become frustrating recently, it was always a small element, but used to be able to be kept in the lounge area, and I do believe based on the multiple staff and admins on right now that it should be restored to that way.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would say that the biggest thing for me during the spring is cleaning up the pond of dead plants, leaves and such, and making sure all the equipment is set to go for the coming season, beyond that it is jsut making sure the fish made it through the winter and dealing with it if they didn't :)

and if you are still around, I will say that the whole politics thing has become frustrating recently, it was always a small element, but used to be able to be kept in the lounge area, and I do believe based on the multiple staff and admins on right now that it should be restored to that way.
Fishguy, I agree 100%, we will carry on discussing what we’re here for, and thanks for info about spring coming. Thank you. Blue.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
@Blue Is your pond already established, or are you still in the planning stages? I thought you had a pond, but then I thought I recalled a “proposed” pond?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
stephen noble, thanks for the post, my photo of blagdon pond taken 2 wks ago.{480litres}.105 gallons. 8cwt. Mmathis in answer to your query the maine pond photo has been up and running, since june 2020. I think what you mean i mentioned while ago. i have got another pond. Yet to assemble In photo{336litres, 74 gallons. 6cwt. I am placing pond on decking with grass cover in the middle against the mesh. Tanalised wooden base. I know where the wooden joyces are in the decking to hold weight. thanks. Blue.

Attachments

• IMG_0281.jpg
    IMG_0281.jpg
    330.3 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_0328.PNG
    IMG_0328.PNG
    139.4 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_0438.jpg
    IMG_0438.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 64

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
@Blue I saw your thread entitled “spring.” Not sure why you started a new thread, when it was obviously a continuation of this thread. It might be easier for others to follow if you simply continued adding relevant information to an original thread rather than starting a new one. IOW, if no one knew about this current thread entitled “spring pond,” then the other thread entitled “spring” would have no context. If you would like, we can ask the mods. to combine the 2 threads for you.

EDIT: threads have been merged

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
@Blue I saw your thread entitled “spring.” Not sure why you started a new thread, when it was obviously a continuation of this thread. It might be easier for others to follow if you simply continued adding relevant information to an original thread rather than starting a new one. IOW, if no one knew about this current thread entitled “spring pond,” then the other thread entitled “spring” would have no context. If you would like, we can ask the mods. to combine the 2 threads for you.
Titled it wrong. Your right. Point of thread was information about new pond I’m going to assemble on the decking. Nothing to do with Spring!!! Eventually putting 6 shubunkins in pond. 3 at a time . Mmathis thanks for pointing out errors. Blue

Ask a Question