spring start up ct D&M

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
we still have some ice on pond water temp right around 38 bottom 41 top we have a koi toilet with aerator was holding off but found a couple sinkers today
so i set everything up after work all ready to go wasn't sure if aerating from bottom will cause to much cool down first winter with koi in this pond 13000 gal

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
In my opinion no because your surface and bottom temp are very close. They can handle a 3 degree shift for sure.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
With my bog running my pond has gone from 56 or so a week plus ago to 44 and my goldfish have done fine. The temperature did drop slowly. I thought our temps were heading up, but this am it is 22f, the bog has a lot of moving water surface which causes a cool off of the pond water when our temperatures drop.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
In my opinion no because your surface and bottom temp are very close. They can handle a 3 degree shift for sure.
just got in up and running couple little hiccups scooped another floater out did you lose any?

Ask a Question