Spring/Summer Food. When to change over?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Well its May 11th and I live in northwest NJ. We got off to a cool spring start but now the weather on average everyday is between 60-70 degrees and some days in the 80's. When the water reached 50 degrees about a month ago I began feeding them the Blackwater Cold Water food. I am wondering when I should stop the cool water food and begin with the summer food? Advice will be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
You should be feeding a wheat germ based food at the moment , we use one that also has garlic in it to help protect against parasites .
We normally feed them this till summer propper i;e June July when we switch to a higher protien food as well as natural foods .
Start changing back to wheatgerm again from late August mid September quiting totally as soon as the water temperature hits 10c

Dave

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
You should be feeding a wheat germ based food at the moment , we use one that also has garlic in it to help protect against parasites .
We normally feed them this till summer propper i;e June July when we switch to a higher protien food as well as natural foods .
Start changing back to wheatgerm again from late August mid September quiting totally as soon as the water temperature hits 10c

Dave

Thank you sir

Ask a Question