Squirrel Boxes

B

Burd

Anyone ever put up a box for a Squirrel? The other day we were going for a walk, noticed a squirrel going in a downy woodpecker hole in my tree. It took him like 5 min to squeeze in. I was thinking of putting a cedar box up ther for him I have one I had up at my last place but no one used it.
55486692-D2B2-45D5-9C83-C7C22885895B.jpeg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
way was way to many Squirrels around here no one hunts them up here they are everywhere I have at least 6 on my property. they are pulling moss out looking for acorns though I have no oaks . I do have hickory but they don't seem crazy about those

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
All welcome here too and the other day a saw a really small brown squirrel running up a tree down by the corner of our road. Mostly grey squirrels around here so was neat to see that little brown one. We have Filbert trees all around here and they and the Steller Jays love them! I have a young oak in our yard that the squirrels planted one year. No acorns on it yet.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
We have dozens of grey squirrels here. Would love to get rid of them. They tear up the yard buring and digging up nuts not to mention what damage they do to garden and planter boxes!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
We have dozens of grey squirrels here. Would love to get rid of them. They tear up the yard buring and digging up nuts not to mention what damage they do to garden and planter boxes!
I'll trade you some grey squirrels for a bunch of our moles. Talk about digging & damage!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Moles, squirrels, ground hogs, rabbits, deer, they all live here. I don't even try to control The mower bounces over the mole hills.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
We don't have any 'lawn' that needs mowing, so that's not our issue. Unfortunately most of our garden area is on a steep slope behind the house & when the moles undermine things it causes major erosion issues. Their tunnels create channels for rain water to rush through, sort of like a subway, and before we know it - SINK HOLES appear. To date, our house has refrained from sliding downhill, but the battle to keep things stabilized is real.

Ask a Question