start to finish pics.

Reaction score
new member new pics. We have 4 small goldfish in the pond now. They look happy and healthy. The pond is about 6x8 oval shaped. Its about 18" deep, I dug it in about 1 hour and 4 beers

BuildingPondday3003.jpg

BuildingPond002.jpg

pondatnight004.jpg

pondatnight003.jpg

Reaction score
DrDave said:
Welcome to the Forum, Lotust1. Nice job! Looks nice. What kind of Bio filter do you have?

Just got my pond filtered finally. I went with a tetra 1500 bio and a 9w tetra UV

[ame]

LittleNaomi016.jpg
[/IMG]

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Very nice indeed! Some nice pond plants around it to make it even more natural looking will really make it stand out. Bamboo, Papyrus, Taro and a few others are what I use around mine.
Please add your location using the UserCP at the top of this page.

Reaction score
DrDave said:
Very nice indeed! Some nice pond plants around it to make it even more natural looking will really make it stand out. Bamboo, Papyrus, Taro and a few others are what I use around mine.
Please add your location using the UserCP at the top of this page.

Thats a good idea. I think I will add some bamboo in some pots around the pond. I like the Taro idea too thanks. :)

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Keep in mind that some bamboo are "runners", be careful to get "clumpers". Taro is a runner, but much easier to control. I have a lot of it and it has become my biggest seller next to water lettuce.

Reaction score
DrDave said:
Keep in mind that some bamboo are "runners", be careful to get "clumpers". Taro is a runner, but much easier to control. I have a lot of it and it has become my biggest seller next to water lettuce.

good tip thanks DrDave. I will look for clumpers.

Ask a Question