Started a pond, here some pictures.

Ad

Advertisements

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Country
United States
I put in theses bog plants. They are about 6in crown under water. Very happy about the dwarf cats.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The dwarf cats will spread, I corralled mine in a pot in the hot tub pond. I had them in the big pond bog, for some reason they poofed away

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ok thank you. I’m new to planning a garden pond. I’m very familiar with the invasiveness of the true cattail. I have read they go wild. Pots the best way. I put up a rock brake, but was laughing at myself.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I read yours did that. Also the same on others. I dug up and read the mini cattail posts on gpf. They are very informative on what did and don’t work. All the fun is trying to paint this picture with our gardens. But nature has her own plans.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Nicely done a nice addition to the back yard

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Welcome to the GPF!

I LOVE the idea of taking a photo of the plant tag WITH the plant - brilliant! I've saved tags for years and then wondered "ok, but where did I plant it?" This is genius!

You may find 6 inches of water over the crown a bit deep for some bog plants - cattails may be fine, but others may not enjoy that depth.

Ad

Advertisements

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I LOVE the idea of taking a photo of the plant tag WITH the plant - brilliant! I've saved tags for years and then wondered "ok, but where did I plant it?" This is genius!
yeah but then you need to organize your photos.................I am the worse.................

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I use the Photos program on a Mac. It has a search bar and you can search for dates, items, people, etc. VERY handy!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I use the Photos program on a Mac. It has a search bar and you can search for dates, items, people, etc. VERY handy!
I use google photos, will until June then they will start charging. Easy to search sad they are changing the rules. I am not sure windows has a search like that will look around

well duh have a app photos yep can search seek find photos. Will import my photos on this lappy (boat lappy) and home lappy

Ad

Advertisements

Ask a Question