Started a pond, here some pictures.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Welcome to the GPF!

I LOVE the idea of taking a photo of the plant tag WITH the plant - brilliant! I've saved tags for years and then wondered "ok, but where did I plant it?" This is genius!

You may find 6 inches of water over the crown a bit deep for some bog plants - cattails may be fine, but others may not enjoy that depth.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I LOVE the idea of taking a photo of the plant tag WITH the plant - brilliant! I've saved tags for years and then wondered "ok, but where did I plant it?" This is genius!
yeah but then you need to organize your photos.................I am the worse.................

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I use the Photos program on a Mac. It has a search bar and you can search for dates, items, people, etc. VERY handy!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I use the Photos program on a Mac. It has a search bar and you can search for dates, items, people, etc. VERY handy!
I use google photos, will until June then they will start charging. Easy to search sad they are changing the rules. I am not sure windows has a search like that will look around

well duh have a app photos yep can search seek find photos. Will import my photos on this lappy (boat lappy) and home lappy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Welcome to the GPF!

You may find 6 inches of water over the crown a bit deep for some bog plants - cattails may be fine, but others may not enjoy that depth.
Haha thank you. I never take pictures but this little pond is loads of fun. The tags were right there. so I put them in the picture. I have been debating on weather or not to make real bog filter in on that ledge.. I was going to put a pipe to pump water in. And build a permeable rock wall to let the water back in the pond. Do you think that might be to much trouble for me?

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Haha thank you. I never take pictures but this little pond is loads of fun. The tags were right there. so I put them in the picture. I have been debating on weather or not to make real bog filter in on that ledge.. I was going to put a pipe to pump water in. And build a permeable rock wall to let the water back in the pond. Do you think that might be to much trouble for me?
Nope go for it, you will love have a bog filter. You built the pond you can build the bog

Ask a Question