stealing ideas for years now

Reaction score
I thought I might go ahead and register since I do steal all the ideas in this forum. You folks have been great helpers even if you didn't know it.
I have 2800 gallon pond and it is my second pond, well really third because I had to enlarge the first pond. Bigger is better. I have 8 Koi. Some are butterfly and some are traditional. It took two years for me to feel comfortable enough to buy additional fish for the pond and I did so today. 3 new babies. So excited. I 'try' to have plants with my koi but I am sure you all know how successful that is. I have learned a lot and still have lots to learn. Just when I think I have it figured out, crash, bang, boom.
I live in the Reno/Sparks area and totally love my pond. I find enjoyment everyday with my fish. Better than any other pet I have ever had. Love to just think and plan what I am going to do next. And, thanks to all of you, I have a never ending list of plans.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
lol Welcome to our group! glad you finally spoke out! Post some pictures of you pond, we love to see what others have done.

Ponds are a work in progress and yep they can crash on you.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome and glad you finally joined and why did it crash bang boom .What could have happened .Was it the new fish or maybe to large a fish load or your filter no being enough or maybe just spawning .We would love to help .We just love scratching our heads over a new problem

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
welcomecats55.gif
bdapl
One bad apple won't spoil the whole bunch,lol!
Yep we love to be of assistance and pictures would be great!

Reaction score
Well I don't really have any pictures because not up to par yet. I see all the others and then think, dang I need to do that first. Then it will be ready. Never works. As far as crash, boom, bang........well I had, in old pond, crystal clear water, then built new pond in new back yard. Well, teach me to think I know what I am doing. Green water, plants not blooming, fish happy but owner not. I tried to follow advice and only change one thing at a time. So two years later, i have clear water. Still unable to keep any plant super happy. They do okay but have been trying the "iron" trick. We shall see. Lillies do well and my fish don't seem to mess with them but anything else and they think I have invited them to a pond party. I also took your advice about having a pond journal. That has helped but since nothing has seemed to make plants happy still trying. I have managed to build a skippy filter and love it but not "hidden" yet. btw, love the skippy filter. I also have pressurized bead filter but old and kinda a pain. Skippy way better.
But greatest thing ever is that my neice and nephew love my fish and the hours of fun we have had watching them is incredible. The fact that my friends come by to introduce their friends to pond fish makes me happy too. My fish will eat out of hand and even when it is bad it is good. Still love it, even when ready to cry. I have been pretty lucky since the first batch of fish, only have one of them left but I love that crooked back butterfly.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
You sound like you are on the way to making your pond up to par as you call it and glad to hear you and your family and friends are enjoying the pond life so much! It is quite a rewarding hobby. We do love our fish and seems as tho the ones w/ the little deformities are even more enjoyable to care for and stand out among the rest :luxlove:

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum... Glad you joined, ask away someone will help you.

And sissy is really the only rotten apple!!! :razz:

Ask a Question