still fungus

Reaction score
ive done every thing i can think of now. cleaned my filter vacumed the floor 2 weeks worth of fungus treatment water changes changed all my soil in my plant pots but still the fungus wont go ive lost 2 fish.
my pond is
1724 litres
green genie with 4watt uv i didnt have the uv on over winter i dont know wheter i should drain the whole pond big scrub and fill agien
tony

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
you might try malachite green for your fungus. Fungus is a bigger problem than people think . What you see is the fungus but it's really eating away your fish.
You might want to try salt baths on those fish.
Once they have it cleaning your pond does not help the fungus is now feeding on your fish.

Reaction score
DoDad said:
you might try malachite green for your fungus. Fungus is a bigger problem than people think . What you see is the fungus but it's really eating away your fish.
You might want to try salt baths on those fish.
Once they have it cleaning your pond does not help the fungus is now feeding on your fish.

i tryed a salt bath on the fish that was the worst it died a few hours later will it carm down one the heat comes and good bactria starts to come back i found this article saying it happens to a lot of people as the water warms
http://www.helium.com/items/1249202-how-to-treat-fungal-infections-in-goldfish-ponds

Reaction score
im using a treatment the same as that stuff u put up but its called medifin but it does say the water needs to be 10c or above witch its not at the moment
tony

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
This is the main reason I have a q-tank and a hospital tank. I can catch the fish and put in in the tank a start raising the temps to medicate.

Reaction score
DoDad said:
This is the main reason I have a q-tank and a hospital tank. I can catch the fish and put in in the tank a start raising the temps to medicate.

yes i mite have to start up a tank indoors but will take a few weeks how do i keep it going with no fish in it when there not ill will it stay healthy i did bring one fish in a tank but it stressed out and died im thinking of giving it all up
tony

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I just keep my 700 gallon q-tank going with no fish in it using small amounts of household non-sudsing ammonia. I keep the temps up to during the winter at about 6o degrees.

Reaction score
ok thanks ive had a look today and none of the fish left have any fungus on them so maybe its working my water is finally 11.1c and the fish are more active
tony

Ask a Question