Still learning, sometimes the hard way

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Hi All,

I'm Connie. I've had a pond for over 10 years but every few years I change the size (up of course) and it's all a new learning curve everytime. I started with a kiddie wading pool, yes I seriously did. Then I went to a hole and foil version in the ground that was 120x120x100m deep, next up was my 200x120x100 deep pond which I had the longest. Then I thought I was going up again and someone gave me the Ubbink basic preformed, which turned out not to be bigger but smaller than what I had but worked because I wanted it in a new location. Finally we just moved houses and I was determined to have a BIGGER pond. Original dream was 400x200x200. Oh it would have been wonderful. But sadly, it didn't happen, instead I have Ubbink's biggest pond which is 400x200x100. So no koi, but it's decidedly bigger which is what I wanted. Now to figure out how to balance this big-boy! While battling wits with herons and lack of time. :) So that's where I'm at.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hi Connie! Welcome! Yes I totally agree with your thoughts. Even for experienced ponders you change one aspect of your pond whether it’s liner, pump, filter etc and it’s a whole new learning curve to figure out how to get every just right again.

Ask a Question