Still not well even after latest operation

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
So sorry folks about my continuing health issues, as you know I had two operations in 2017, they worked out quite well however I was scheduled for reconstructive foot surgery which I underwent earlier in the summer, it was one of the most painful operations I have ever undergone in my 60+years of life and believe me I have undergone 18 operations in my life so I know pain personally.
I attended what I thought would be my last consultant appointment yesterday only to find that after a new xrays that things had gone wrong and my consultant has said that he will have to operate again in another few months bringing us up to next year.
Poor Val has had one hell of a problem with leg ulcers and has not been able to have her left knee replaced yet ( though she is frozen at the top of the list for surgery, however her Muscular Dystrophy is gradually causing both her ankles to turn inwards so much so on her right one meaning she is now walking on the outside of her foot all this means my caring role has gotten even harder especially with the pain radiating out of my right foot, so please again bare with me, I will be back when well and can better care for Val.
To our American members I wish you a happy thanksgiving and an early Merry Christmas hopefully to be back with you all in 2019 fit and healthy best wishes everyone

Dave

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Take care Dave, I wish you and your wife better health in the near future!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Wishing you both the best, hope it gets better from here!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Thanx guys hope all is well with you other news the filter shed is doing its best keeping the pond temp at a greater temperature than the outside giving us 12c with an outside temp of 1c in the first test of extreme cold of the start of winter all last winters survivors are doing well.
Won't be adding any newbee koi till next summer just to be sure after last winters shock death tole, which we are not keen to repeat this year.

Dave

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Sorry to hear all this stuff getting in the way of you two enjoying your lives together. Hoping things do get better real soon! We miss having you here.

upload_2018-11-2_10-22-36.gif

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Dave, I'm sorry to hear about your and Val's continued health struggles. Your presence here is missed, but your focus needs to be on your and Val's health for the time being. Here's hoping to good health and happy ponding in 2019 :)

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Dave, I'm sorry to hear about your and Val's continued health struggles. Your presence here is missed, but your focus needs to be on your and Val's health for the time being. Here's hoping to good health and happy ponding in 2019 :)
Ditto!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Dave. Here is hoping for a strong recovery for both you and your wife. Best of luck on your surgery. Keith

Ask a Question