Stocking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
i have some indoor guppies that have not got a heater indoor would they be alright in my outside pond as it is direct sunlight so mostly the pond is warm also in winter I can heat the pond slightly
thanks

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a/sunset zone 23
Country
United States
Hi
i have some indoor guppies that have not got a heater indoor would they be alright in my outside pond as it is direct sunlight so mostly the pond is warm also in winter I can heat the pond slightly
thanks
what kind of guppies, fancy or Endlers? I've read previously that Endler's are more cold tolerant than fancy guppies but I think some of these judgments are subjective rather than actually researched.

There's someone here who has a pond of guppies in Canada so apparently anything is possible. If you search the group under "guppy" you might find her, I'm blanking on the name ATM. All the aquarium websites will tell you guppies will get sick and struggle at cold temps, and that may be true and it also may be true that they breed so fast you don't really notice. I guess it depends on how much the lives and health of the individual guppies matter to you? if you have just a few guppies and each is a treasured pet I would really hesitate to put them in a pond in the UK. I don't even put my guppies in my pond here in san diego because it's too cold for them in the winter, even though it doesn't freeze. What does "warm in the winter" mean for your pond exactly?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
what kind of guppies, fancy or Endlers? I've read previously that Endler's are more cold tolerant than fancy guppies but I think some of these judgments are subjective rather than actually researched.

There's someone here who has a pond of guppies in Canada so apparently anything is possible. If you search the group under "guppy" you might find her, I'm blanking on the name ATM. All the aquarium websites will tell you guppies will get sick and struggle at cold temps, and that may be true and it also may be true that they breed so fast you don't really notice. I guess it depends on how much the lives and health of the individual guppies matter to you? if you have just a few guppies and each is a treasured pet I would really hesitate to put them in a pond in the UK. I don't even put my guppies in my pond here in san diego because it's too cold for them in the winter, even though it doesn't freeze. What does "warm in the winter" mean for your pond exactly?
Thanks
they are just regular guppies no fancy colour or tails

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a/sunset zone 23
Country
United States
Thanks
they are just regular guppies no fancy colour or tails
if you aren't personally attached to any of them they are survivors so odds are they would be able to establish some sort of population in your pond if you don't have lots of big predator fish, frogs, turtles etc.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States

@callingcolleen1

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Yes I have all kinds of guppies that live outside year round but I do keep the water heated as they would die if water got too cold. I am going to make another guppy video this weekend as I have a couple days off. I also now have swordtail's and platties outside with guppies since last year when I added them and they all survived well. Now I have so many little mouths to feed. It's crazy how many little fish are in that little 80 gallon pond!

Ask a Question